Capital One Bowl Mania
Official Rules 2020
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES) AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PROCEED WITH THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
1. SPONSOR; PROMOTER. This Promotion is sponsored by Disney Streaming Services, LLC, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, California 91521 (the "Sponsor"). Any advertisers associated with the Promotion shall be deemed a "Promoter" for purposes of these Official Rules. In connection therewith, Capital One Financial Corporation, 1680 Capital One Drive, Mclean, VA 22102 is the Promoter of this Promotion. The Promotion is designed to advertise and promote Sponsor's business activities and is not gambling.
2. ADMINISTRATOR. This Promotion will be administered by CSM Sports and Entertainment, Inc., 440 Ninth Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001 (the "Administrator").
3. ELIGIBILITY: Capital One Bowl Mania (the "Promotion") is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, OTHER UNITED STATES TERRITORIES, AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES), who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (or age of majority whichever is older) as of the date of entry, and are registered members of ESPN.com (Registration is further described below in Section 5 below). The following are not eligible for the Promotion: (i) employees and agents of Sponsor and Promoter (as defined below), each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and each of their respective advertising/promotion agencies (including Administrator); and (ii) the "immediate family members" and/or "household members" of any of the persons set forth in (i) above. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings or spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year. In addition, persons who are currently involved in any capacity in any collegiate athletic program (including but not limited to college football players, coaches and their staffs) are not eligible to enter. Participation in the Promotion constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator regarding all matters relating to the Promotion are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. From all eligible entries received, the winners will be determined based on their ability to accumulate the most points during the Promotion. This Promotion is void in all U.S. territories, (e.g., Puerto Rico and Guam) and where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. TIMING. Registration for the Promotion begins on Thursday, November 19, 2020 at 3:00 pm Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on Monday, January 11, 2021 at 8 pm ET (the "Promotion Period"). The Promotion's timing is based on the 2020-2021 U.S. College Football Bowl Season ("USCFBS"). As of publication of these Official Rules, the USCFBS is scheduled to begin with the Myrtle Beach Bowl on Monady, December 21, 2020 at 2:30 pm ET and to end with the College Football Championship Game (the "Championship Game") on Monday, January 11, 2021 at 8 pm ET. See the USCFBS schedule here: https://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/1/seasontype/3. For purposes of these official rules (the "Official Rules") all times are in ET. Once the Promotion Period begins, entrants may begin registering and submitting their selections for any listed Bowl Game up until the Lock Time for an individual Bowl Game; however, depending on scheduling exigencies, any given Bowl Game is subject to change as determined by the USCFBS.**
**THE PROMOTION PERIOD, USCFBS SCHEDULE AND PLAY OF GAMES COMPRISING 2020-2021 U.S. COLLEGE FOOTBALL BOWL SEASON ARESUBJECT TO CHANGE, WITH LITTLE OR NO ADVANCED NOTICE, DUE TO THE DIRECT AND INDIRECT AFFECTS OF THE COVID19/CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC AND/OR OTHER FACTORS. YOU ARE ADVISED TO FREQUENTLY CHECK THE WEBSITE, THE ESPN APP AND THE FANTASY APP FOR UPDATES AS TO THE SCHEDULING OF BOWL GAMES DURING THE 2020-2021 U.S. COLLEGE FOOTBALL BOWL SEASON AND THE PROMOTION PERIOD. SEE ALSO SECTION 8 BELOW.
5. PROMOTION REGISTRATION. You must be a registered ESPN.com member ("Member") (or a member of one of Sponsor's affiliated websites, e.g., ABC.com, ABCNews.com and Disney.com) to enter the Promotion. Registration is free. To register and enter, visit either: (1) www.espn.com ("Website"); (2) the ESPN Fantasy App ("Fantasy App"); (3) or the ESPN App (the "ESPN App") and select the "Enter" button. The Website, Fantasy App and the ESPN App are collectively referred to herein as the "Entry Methods." You will need to log in with your username or e-mail address and password; or, if you are not a registered Member, you will need to create an account. If you are not a Member, you may become a Member for free by visiting the Website, clicking on the "Create Account" link and providing the requested information on the registration form. You may enter via any of these Entry Methods using the Website and either or both mobile applications, but there is a limit of two (2) total entries per person (one (1) entry per Game Type as defined and described in Section 7.A below) during the Promotion Period.
You may be asked to consent to receive promotional emails or offers. This is optional and does not affect your chances of winning a prize in this Promotion. You are NOT required to give consent to receive such emails or offers in order to participate in the Promotion or win any prize.
Once you are logged in, you will be automatically sent back to the entry page on the applicable Entry Method.
*IMPORTANT: Data rates may apply if entry is submitted via your mobile device according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging/data rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Promotion. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your device's capabilities for specific instructions.
6. ENTRY. There is no entry fee required to participate in the Promotion. Only entries received via one of the Entry Methods in accordance with these Official Rules will be accepted. No other forms of entry will be accepted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Prize Winners will be determined on or about Friday, January 15, 2021.
LIMIT TWO (2) ENTRIES PER PERSON (ONE (1) ENTRY PER GAME TYPE)/PER UNIQUE MEMBER ACCOUNT, REGARDLESS OF THE METHOD OF ENTRY AND REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF EMAIL ADDRESSES OR REGISTERED MEMBER ACCOUNTS). WHETHER YOU ENTER VIA THE WEBSITE, THE ESPN APP AND/OR VIA THE FANTASY APP, THERE IS A LIMIT OF TWO (2) TOTAL ENTRIES PER PERSON (ONE (1) ENTRY PER GAME TYPE) FOR THIS PROMOTION. Multiple entries (i.e., multiple registrations or multiple picks per registration) in violation of the preceding limit and/or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of all entries by such person/Member and perhaps legal and/or other sanctions. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which is binding and final in all matters relating to this Promotion.,
A Member who is not eligible for the Promotion as per Section 3 above (including persons who are under 18 or the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence; persons who are legal residents of Puerto Rico [and other United States territories and foreign territories] may register for and take part in the Promotion "just for fun" (i.e., for entertainment purposes) but cannot win any prize.
7. HOW TO PLAY.
A. General. The objective of the Promotion is to accumulate the most points during the Promotion Period by correctly selecting the "winning pick" for each bowl game during the USCFBS (each, a "Bowl Game" and collectively, "Bowl Games"). To win, the entrant must have the most points for their selected Game Type at the conclusion of the Promotion. At the time of entry, entrants must choose one of two scoring options: (i) confidence scoring ("Confidence Scoring"), or (ii) straight scoring ("Straight Scoring", each a "Game Type"). Entrants cannot change their Game Type once selected; however, an entrant can choose the opposite Game Type if entrant submits a second entry. Entrant cannot enter twice under one (1) Game Type. If entering the Promotion twice then the first entry selection can be Confidence Scoring and the second entry can be Straight Scoring.
B. How to make your selections. You may enter your selections online by following the instructions in the How to Play section of the game via any of the Entry Methods.
C. Scoring - In General. From all eligible entries received, the winners will be determined based on their ability to accumulate the most points in a given Game Type during the Promotion Period. In order to maximize the opportunity to accrue the most points, register and submit your entry no later than Monday, December 21, 2020 at 2:30 pm ET, which is the kickoff of the first Bowl Game scheduled in the USCFBS. In the event a scheduled Bowl Game listed does not occur (e.g., a game is removed from the schedule or cancelled) no points will be awarded; see Section 8 below. In all such cases, the Sponsor's decision is final, binding and non-appealable. Ties will be broken in accordance with the tie-breaker procedure in this Section 7(G) below.
D. Confidence Scoring. For the Confidence Scoring Game Type, Entrant will be required to assign a "confidence point" value between one (1) and thirty-six (36) whole numbers only (i.e. no fractions or decimals) for each Bowl Game, including the Championship Game. The maximum number may be less than thirty-six (36) due to one or more Bowl Games during the USCFBS not being scheduled or cancelled due to exigencies as per Section 8 below. The maximum number will be posted on the Website, the ESPN App and Fantasy App when the schedule for the USCFBS has been finalized by the college football governing body but is subject to change depending on the actual Bowl Games scheduled. The higher the number you assign to a particular Bowl Game, the more confident you are that you have selected the correct team to win. You may use a specific confidence point value only once. Each Bowl Game will be assigned one of the whole number values between one (1) and thirty-six (36) (or the other maximum number, as the case may be). If you choose the "Confidence Scoring System", you receive the amount of confidence points you assigned to each game where you correctly selected the winning team. The higher the confidence point number you assign to a particular game, the more confident you are that the team you have selected will win that game. For the avoidance of doubt, the number of points by which a team wins the corresponding Bowl Game is immaterial and will not affect your score. You do not receive or lose points for incorrect picks; incorrect picks result in the award of zero (0) points. You accumulate points from the date of your first winning pick. If thirty-six (36) Bowl Games are played, then a maximum number of 666 confidence points are possible, provided that there are no Bowl Games removed from the schedule or cancelled; see Section 8 below.
E. Straight Scoring. For Straight scoring entries, each of the Bowl Games played to completion, including the Championship Game, will be worth one (1) point each. If you choose the "Straight Scoring System", the winning pick is the team that wins the game (i.e. scores the most points). For avoidance of doubt, the number of points by which a team wins the corresponding Bowl Game is immaterial and will not affect your score. There are currently thirty-six (36) Bowl Games scheduled, therefore, a maximum number of 36 points are possible to score, provided that there are no Bowl Games removed from the schedule or cancelled; see Section 8 below.
F. Lock Time. All selections will institute a "Rolling Lock" for all entries which allows an entrant to pick one Bowl Game that has yet to kick off during the Promotion Period. The kick-off of the first Bowl Game is currently scheduled for the Myrtle Beach Bowl on Monday, December 21, 2020 at 2:30 pm ET. Selections will lock at the scheduled kick-off of each scheduled Bowl Game ("Lock Time"). Prior to the Lock Time for a given Bowl Game, entrant may change their pick as to the winning team in that Bowl Game as many times as they want, with the last change constituting entrant's final pick. Entrants must make sure their selection for a given Bowl Game is submitted by the scheduled Lock Time for such Bowl Game during the Promotion Period. You will not be able to make selections for Bowl Games that have already passed their respective Lock Time. Selections submitted after the applicable Lock Time are considered invalid, and no points will be received. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. Please note: if a Bowl Game is rescheduled to a different time and/or date, the Lock Time for that Bowl Game will be modified on the applicable Entry Method to match the revised kick-off time for that Bowl Game.
G. Tiebreakers. Entrants participate in the Promotion until the end of the Promotion Period. The objective for each entrant is to accumulate the most points in their selected Game Type during the Promotion. At the end of the Promotion Period, if there is more than one (1) eligible entrant in each Game Type who remains eligible to win a prize in accordance with this Section 7, a tiebreaker ("Tiebreaker") will be used to determine the Grand Prize Winners and First Place Winners. Entrants will be eliminated at each step, until a winner is determined. In all cases, an entry that does not win a Tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.
Tiebreaker Game: The "Tiebreaker Game" is the Championship Game currently scheduled for Monday, January 11, 2021 at 8 pm ET. Entrants may, but are not required to, submit a predicted score for the Tiebreaker Game. This prediction is used for tiebreaker purposes only. If no predicted score is submitted for an entry, it is given a default prediction of zero (0) points to zero (0) points. It is possible for a default prediction to break a tie.
The Tiebreakers for both Game Types are as follows:
Tiebreaker #1 - An Entrant's predicted Tiebreaker Game score is compared to the actual Tiebreaker Game score. The entrant's predicted Tiebreaker Game score and the final winning Tiebreaker Game score are added together and the entry with the smallest total difference between an entrant's predicted Tiebreaker Game score and final winning score of the Tiebreaker Game is considered the winning entry;
Tiebreaker #2 - The entrant whose predicted Tiebreaker Game score for the winning team of the Tiebreaker Game is closest to the final winning score of the Tiebreaker Game is considered the winning entry; and
Tiebreaker #3 - A random drawing of all remaining eligible Entrants in the each Game Type will determine the winners of the Promotion.
8. SPECIAL NOTICE: COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, DUE TO COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS, THE 2020-2021 U.S. COLLEGE FOOTBALL BOWL SEASON MAY NOT BE CONDUCTED AS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED.
IF ONE OR MORE BOWL GAMES COMPRISING THE 2020-2021 U.S. COLLEGE FOOTBALL BOWL SEASON ARE CANCELLED, SUCH BOWL GAMES WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE PROMOTION AND NO POINTS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR CORRECTLY PREDICTING THE WINNING TEAMS IN SUCH CANCELLED BOWL GAMES. IN SUCH CASE: FOR CONFIDENCE SCORING, THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE SCORE WILL BE LESS THAN 703 POINTS; FOR STRAIGHT SCORING, THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE SCORE WILL BE LESS THAN 36 POINTS. IF ONE OR MORE BOWL GAMES COMPRISING THE 2020-2021 U.S. COLLEGE FOOTBALL BOWL SEASON ARE COMMENCED BUT NOT PLAYED TO COMPLETION (I.E., THE WINNING TEAM BEING DETERMINED BY THE HIGHER SCORE AFTER THE END OF FOUR  QUARTERS OF COMPETITION AND OVER-TIME AS NECSSARY), SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DEEM THE BOWL GAME CANCELLED AS SET FORTH ABOVE OR TO DEEM THE FINAL SCORE OF THE AFFECTED BOWL GAME AND THE WINNING TEAM OF SAME BASED ON THE SCORE OF THE AFFECTED BOWL GAME WHEN PLAY WAS HALTED.
DEPENDING ON THE VAGARIES OF SCHEDULING THE BOWL GAMES COMPRISING THE 2020-2021 U.S. COLLEGE FOOTBALL BOWL SEASON, THE INITIALLY SCHEDULED DATE OF A BOWL GAME MAY BE CHANGED BY THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL GOVERNING BODY WITH LITTLE OR NO ADVANCED NOTICE AS PER SECTION 5 ABOVE.
NOTICE OF SUCH ACTIONS BY SPONSOR WILL BE POSTED ON THE WEBSITE, THE ESPN APP AND THE FANTASY APP
9. PRIZES. The total value of all prizes in this Promotion is $25,000.00 ("ARV").
a. Two (2) Grand Prize winners (one winner per Game Type) will be selected and each Grand Prize winner will be awarded the following prize:
One (1) Grand Prize Trip for two (2) to the 2021/2022 season College Football Championship Game in Indianapolis, Indiana on January 10, 2022 including: (i) roundtrip economy air travel for two from a major airport closest to Grand Prize Winner's place of residence; (ii) 3 nights hotel accommodations (one standard room, double occupancy), (iii) two (2) tickets to the 2021/2022 season College Football Championship Game in Indianapolis, Indiana on January 10, 2022 and (iv) $5,000.00 in the form of check or ACH/direct deposit (medium of prize award to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). (ARV: $10,000 each)
b. Two (2) First Place winners (one winner per Game Type) will be selected and each win the following prize:
$2,500.00 in the form of check or ACH/direct deposit (medium of prize award to be determined by Administrator in its sole discretion) (ARV: $2,500)
Grand Prize Trip Restrictions:
Meals, beverages, gratuities, incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses relative to acceptance/use of prize not specified herein are not included and are solely the Grand Prize winner's responsibility. All arrangements are subject to change, availability, and other restrictions. WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUCH CHANGES MAY INCLUDE CANCELLATION OF THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME/TRIP ALTOGETHER DUE TO THE DIRECT OR INDIRECT AFFECTS OF COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS, PERHAPS WITH LITTLE OR NO ADVANCED NOTICE. Grand Prize Trip arrangements cannot be changed by Grand Prize winners/travel companions. Grand Prize winners/travel companions must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time; hotel and airline/flights will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Travel companion of Grand Prize winner must complete, sign and return a Liability Release and Publicity Release (where lawful) prior to issuance of travel documents. If Grand Prize winner's travel companion is a minor (as determined by his/her state of residence), winner must be minor's parent/legal guardian and must complete Release (and any other required documentation) on behalf of minor. Grand Prize winners must respond promptly to Sponsor's requests regarding travel arrangements. GRAND PRIZE WINNERS/TRAVEL COMPANIONS MUST TRAVEL ON THE DATES, AND AT THE TIME /SPECIFIED BY THE SPONSOR SO AS TO ATTEND THE 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IN INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA; IF GRAND PRIZE WINNER IS UNAVAILABLE ON SUCH DATES FOR ANY REASON, THE GRAND PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED WITHOUT COMPENSATION OF ANY KIND AND AN ALTERNATE WINNER SELECTED IN THE MANNER SET FORTH ABOVE. Grand Prize winners/travel companions must provide own transportation to/from airport of departure. Grand Prize winners/travels companion are solely responsible for obtaining any/all necessary travel documentation/requirements (including but not limited to valid photo I.D., passport, etc.) before departure. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Prizes are not valid for upgrades. All tickets issued in conjunction with the prizes are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, hotel award points or other "perks." If air travel is not needed, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor/Administrator, ground transportation (or a stipend in an amount of Sponsor's sole choosing to be used for ground transportation) may be substituted for the air travel, and there will be no cash alternative. If Grand Prize winner chooses to not take a travel companion, then the travel companion elements will be forfeited, and the remaining elements shall constitute full satisfaction of the Grand Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any and all records of any Grand Prize winner/travel companion, including without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports. To the extent necessary under law, Grand Prize winner/travel companion** shall authorize this background check and each agrees to be bound by the results of same (even if Sponsor determines that it is not appropriate to award the Grand Prize to the winner and/or to allow the selected individual function as his/her travel companion for any reason). Sponsor may also take all steps necessary to corroborate any information provided to Sponsor by Grand Prize winner/travel companion in his/her interview. In that regard, Grand Prize winner/travel companion will be obligated to provide necessary consents, contacts and information (and to otherwise cooperate as necessary) so that Sponsor may conduct such investigation. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify a Grand Prize winner/travel companion based on the background check, and select an alternate as set forth above and, in such case, Sponsor shall NOT have any liability to winner and/or travel companion as applicable.
**If travel companion is a minor in his/her state of residence, the background check will be conducted on both the minor and his/her parents/legal guardians.
Odds of winning prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received as well as the ability of a given entrant to select the winning teams in professional football games as compared to other entrants.
Additional Prize Restrictions:
Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Winners are solely responsible for any and all expenses, relative to participation in the Promotion (including acceptance/use of any prize) not specified herein. A given entrant may win a maximum of one (1) Prize.
No assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE. Sponsor will report to the Internal Revenue Service via 1099 Tax Form the value of prize won. Winner agrees to complete a W9 Tax Form with his/her Social Security Number and to otherwise cooperate with Sponsor and Administrator as to Sponsor's compliance with Internal Revenue Service and other tax reporting requirements. Prize winners should allow up to 8-10 weeks after completion of the prize claim procedure (including, the return of their signed, notarized affidavit) to receive their prize.
10. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY/LIABILITY RELEASE. As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within five (5) days of the date stated on the prize notice. Except where prohibited, participation in this Promotion and acceptance of prize(s) constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's, Administrator, and Promoters', and any of their respective agents' use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
11. ENTRY ERRORS/ NO RETURN OF ENTRIES; DISPUTES. Neither Sponsor nor Promoter nor Administrator are responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor Promoter nor Administrator are responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder, i.e., natural person associated with the entry, will be deemed to be the registrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification, and Sponsor may require that the potential winner provide proof that his/her identification matches the User Information associated with the winning entry (both at the time of entry and at the time of verification of a potential winner). SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY POTENTIAL WINNER IF IT DETERMINES, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, THAT ANY USER INFORMATION WAS CHANGED OR FALSIFIED IN ORDER TO MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
12. WINNER NOTIFICATION: ALL POTENTIAL WINNING PLAYS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON MAY BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND VOID. Potential winners will be notified via email sent within fifteen (15) business days following the end of the Promotion Period. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Administrator/Sponsor during the Promotion Period if his or her e-mail address has changed. To do so, click on the "My Account" icon (top-right corner) link on any ESPN.com page, select "ESPN Profile" and follow the instructions.
A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected (i.e., the next Game Type winner, subject to the tiebreaker procedures above) if: (i) he/she does not comply with these Official Rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within five (5) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after three (3) attempts, is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. If Administrator/Sponsor notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified then Administrator/Sponsor shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the prize.
Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Winners are solely responsible for any and all expenses, relative to participation in the Promotion (including acceptance of any prize) not specified herein.
13. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Administrator/Sponsor's decisions. The decisions of the Administrator/Sponsor in regards to all matters of this Promotion are final and binding. Administrator/Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Promotion and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Administrator/Sponsor may lock out an entrant who, in Administrator/Sponsor's sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter.
CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND ADMINISTRATOR/SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Without limiting the foregoing, Administrator/Sponsor may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Promotion if, in the Administrator/Sponsor's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Promotion, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God, pandemic/epidemic; (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared), or (d) cancellation, suspension or postponement of any type of game or league. See also Section 8 above.
14. RELEASE AND INDEMNITY. By participating in this Promotion or receiving a prize, entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Promoter, and each of their respective related companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Promotion (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of prize. By entering, entrants also authorize the Sponsor and its designees to use their name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information (if applicable), biographical data and city and state of residence in programming, advertising and/or promotional material or on a Winners' List without compensation to the extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without obligation or compensation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All entries become the property of the Sponsor.
15. GAMBLING PROHIBITION. This Promotion is designed to advertise Sponsor's ESPN broadcast network and Promoter's financial-related services and is intended strictly for entertainment purposes. The Promotion may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
16. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Promotion or prizes, and are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Promotion; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Promotion; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion, access to, copying or downloading materials from ESPN.com or any other website, the ESPN App or the Fantasy App , or receipt or use of any prize.
ADMINISTRATOR OR SPONSOR MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
17. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or the awarding of the prizes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Central District of California/Western Division or California State court situated in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
19. OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS. For the Official Rules and names of winners, send an email to email@example.com with "Capital One Bowl Mania Winners" in the subject line, for receipt no later than 2/2/2021 at 5:00 pm ET. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.